14 July 2005

Had lasagna for lunch today at City Cafe with my colleague. Actually, I was accompanying her to meet her childhood friend for lunch. It seemed that the childhood friend is a full time unit trust agent after working for central bank for 11 years.

Read in a newspaper somewhere a few days ago, about these two twenty somethings women, each driving a Beemer, after dabbling in this unit trust thing.....well that certainly got me interested..

It seems that you have to go through a special exam to qualify for licence an agent and another internal exam with the financial institutions you are affiliated with. It costs RM268 for both exams. The commission ; 3 % for anything above RM100,000, lesser commission for lesser amount ( e.g 2.75% for RM70,000 or something like that.)

My colleague already went though the special exam and already had a licenc, but the licence has already expired. She needs to renew it and go through the internal exam with the financial institutions. The exam is more on product knowledege and things like that.

I heard a lot of succcess stories throughout lunch. The childhood friend has gone on numerous overseas trip as incentives and is looking for another property within KL after building her dream home in Bangi.

Well, me....do I think that I have what it needs to be successful in this line? Am certainly interested to try, but convincing people to part with their life savings or EPF to invest in units trusts certainly requires lot more than interest...hmmm hmmm some things to ponder over the weekend....

No comments: