26 March 2007

Crime in Danau Kota

It was not a good way to start your Monday morning but today, on my way to office,I saw a murder victim all blanketed in black plastic lying by the road side. At first I thought he/she was an accident victim but there was no vehicle around him/her that appeared to be involved in the accident.All that I saw was policemen n police cars all around with a lot of curious passers by.I was on my way to Sarimah's ( my on and off babysitter) to drop some keropok lekor Anuar bought in Trengganu.She later told me that the mother of the victim came running to check on the victim before she went away on some car.Maybe they lived in the nearby rumah panjang

A shiver went down my spine, thinking that this happened barely 150 metres away from my home. I don't know when it happened exactly but Sarimah told me that it happened early that morning.I can imagine all the schoolchildren that passed by that way to school this morning, seeing the victim lying motionless by the roadside.

What is the world coming to?

No comments: