13 November 2005

Kak - Wedding plans (1)

Bang Long is getting married soon, in fact in less than a month's time. Bang Long is Kak's first born and Kak is hubby's eldest sister. So, Bang Long is the first nephew and the first cucu ( grandchild) of the clan whom is getting married. So you can imagine Kak's situation now. His first son is getting married, her husband is down with a stroke, her second maid is not coming back, her first daughter is at college. She is forced to handle her household chores with her first maid handling al the cooking and washing, ran her business with the helpof her second son, managed her husband's health ( proper diet, exercise, mediacton and all), monitor her children's studies ( Silah in UTM first year diploma, Fifah sat for her PMR, Kael still doing his hafiz up north in Kedah) and now preparing for the wedding. And she is doing this all ALONE...super woman indeed.

Granted that she is quite a difficult woman to please but she is very friendly all the same. She is just like a kakak ( sister ) to me as I have no kakak of my own. She is very supportive and concerned about her brood and closest family well being. She was there when I was in the labour room, pushing hard for my Anis to come out. Although I have to be c-sec d later, she waited throughout the operation.

She left her paralysed husband at home, just to visit me, on the birth of my twins.
She called me, hearing me ranting out on any displeasures or disagreement between me and hubby. She is a very good listener, adviser, a mother figure and sister figure rolled into one.

And now, she is in such a frantic state. Preparing for any wedding is a daunting task in its own. Now, Kak, as every mother would be, wanted the wedding to be as perfect as it could.
Me and hubby, advised her to slow down, as we dont' want her to collapse from all the work. We offered to her in every possible way that we could. I showed her all the places that I went to when I was preparing my own wedding. Volunteered to introduce her to wedding card supplier, tailor , arrange for the transportation and accomodations.


She wanted to give bunga telur, chocolates, potpourri, cakes ect to the guest. All of those have to be prepared beforehand.And she is quite shorthanded and she wanted to oversee everything herself.The catering, the kenduri tent, the pelamin and wedding gear and 1001 things that have to be settled.

We went to her place yesterday, slept overnight and went through all the wedding preparations with her. She seemed calmer after talking it out with us.

I prayed that everything will run smoothly. Will update more on the wedding later.

No comments: