17 November 2005

Makan makan session

Mami n Ah is coming down from JB today. They will stop by Ucu's place in Seremban and together they will convoy to Cik Zain's place in Banting, Umi's place in Port Klang and visit Ami's grave and swing by to my place much later.

Cannot join them due to today is a working day. On the way, they will picked Elin in Serdang and Bob from his hostel in UM. So, what to cook for them? Surely they will have rice n all sorts of lauk in Cik Zain's place.

So last minute thought, fried macaroni and beehoon n trifle will do. So, went to Ampang Park during lunch time to shop for the items.

Called Sarimah and Kak Lin and invite them to join. Sarimah's open house is tomorrow night while Kak Lin's will be on Monday night. I don't think that I have the energy to organise another cook out for them and it is better to ask them to join tonight. And my dear next door neighbour, Kak Wahidah is also invited in a last minute after thought, as I don't want to left her out. After all, she will hear all the commotion and smell from my kitchen.

And,ah yes, Cik Nor who came all the way from Trengganu, to send his daughter and newborn cucu to their place in Wangsa Maju. Since he's going back to Trengganu on Saturday, invited him and the whole family. And they came,brand new baby and all, in fact they are the first to arrive.

Sarimah arrived later, complete with Cik Nana and Wan, Kak Lin with hubby and 3 girls. So the place became a bit cramped.

When my aunties, uncle and cousins arrived later, the place really heat up. Eh, eh jadik macam open house although it was not our real intention. It was just more of a makan-makan session with families and friends.

The kuih raya really does their round, and so did the muruku and ketumpi. I have to cook another batch of macaroni and 2 batches of meehoon. Bibik fried the keropok and we served orang cordial and hot tea.

Remind me to buy more glasses the next time I do my shopping. There is not enough glasess to go around and some of them resorted to drink the cordial from teacup....hmmmm.

By 10pm , everyone has left and Bibik cleared the mess. Babah swept the place. I broke my fast earlier with plain water and sat down to have my proper dinner.

The kids...well, the kids got lots of duit raya and they were also stuffed with prohibited food and drinks ( read: iced cold orange cordial , sweet kuih raya n lots of muruku n rempeyek).
They were past their bedtime but none appear sleepy. In fact they were most excited with lot of guests . I forced all of them to shut their little eyes at a little past 11pm....mak pun tertidor gak...

No comments: