15 January 2007

BBQ New Year's Eve 31/12/2006






It was an impromptu idea. I thought instead making chicken rendang for Aidiladha, why don't we just grill the chicken. It will be less hassle for me. I was in no mood of cooking.
I came across some frozen satay at the local supermarket and bought it. Manalah tahu tak cukup ayam 3 ekor ayam kat rumah tu. And also bought some burger buns. Nuar suggested that we prepared spaghetti as the main meal.Note, we refers to me as he is only capable of boiling water. He cooked rice once, I had to threw the rice pot away. He burnt the rice and the pot as well. So, he went to buy ingredients for the spaghetti meat sauce and the barbeque marinade sauce. Again, I was in no mood to make the marinade sauce from scratch and opt for the easy way.Buy the bottled ones.
Kak Wan brought in some nasi minyak. We also brought out the leftover lemang, nasi impit, kuah kacang and laksa. So we had bbq chicken,burgers, sausages, coleslaw, spaghetti, satay, fries with leftover Aidiladha lunch.
The kids had a jovial night, eating and playing around. The older kids manned the bbq pit together with their uncles. I just laze around, chit catting and enjoying the food. There was not much washing up required as we used styrofoam cups and plates. After tidying up the place, we went to bed around 11pm. I didn't even realise that the year was ending and a new year is beginning. I hope that the new year 2007 will bring much joy and laughter, such as the one that I had on the last night of 2006. Amin, InsyaAllah.

No comments: