15 January 2007

Visit to the National Zoo











Although we lived only around 5km away from the zoo, it has been years since I last visited it. It has been so long that I totally forgot that I have ever been inside the zoo.
Anis has been the zoo twice before. Once with Baba and the twins and another one, a school trip. This time round, we are bringing along her cousins from Dungun. I have to tag along to be the 'jaga' to all the kids. MIL is coming along too but she will an exclusive 'jaga' to one of the manja one and with her her bad knee, I think it is quite an effort for her. Kesian dia tapi nak buat macam mana, cucu kesayangan punya pasal.
We started out around 11am after brunch. Barely half an hour into the zoo grounds, it rained cats and dogs but as it is in the zoo, it rained ziraffes and elephants. Luckily, I brought the leftover brunch plus some coney dogs bought at the zoo entrance. While waiting for the rain to stop, all the food disappeared quickly. Trust these kids, to have such a big appetite but not put on any weight. I think it all translated into energy, looking how much they jumped and run here and there.
We took the tram around the zoo.MIL did'nt talk much. I think it's because of her knee. We only walked a short distance here and there and took the tram most of the time. We caught the 3pm animal show and have our tea later. All in all, it was a very educational visit for the children. The twins were quite engrossed with the hippos. Baby Ariff was left behind with Bibik at home. I don't want him to catch any animal borne disease as he is barely 6 weeks old.
Well, we will back for sure. When Ariff is big enough to run and catch up with his brother and sisters!

No comments: